Since the start of the new year, the Women's Regional Consortium has been busy providing help to existing women's organisations in disadvantaged and rural areas.
We have supported these groups by:
- Meeting with representatives from OFMDFM regarding the Childcare Strategy and the community based childcare provision available to women's organisations.
- Collecting and collating statistics and completing a briefing paper to help sustain childcare funding for services within women's organisations.
- Meeting with women's organisations delivering frontline services for women in disadvantaged and rural areas.
- Promoting good practice by sharing information on policies, minimum standards for childcare and training.
- Supporting the development of partnership working among women's organisations.
- Promoting upcoming sources of funding to women’s organisations to help develop the services for women in disadvantaged and rural areas.
- Organising focus groups and getting the views from women on policy consultations that will affect services for women in disadvantaged and rural areas.
The Consortium also engaged with women's organisations to help identify the appropriate training and skills needed to be as effective as possible in our role. FWIN gave a talk on the Consortium to over 70 women and women’s groups at their AGM and networking event in February, which supported the development of partnership working among women's organisations.